When I tell people I like fly ly [sounds like lie], I get the strangest look.
Seeing their expression, you can see them asking themselves if it's some sort of delicacy or a foreign word hoping it doesn't mean dog meat or roasted grasshoppers.
Once they give up and ask me what on earth am I talking about, I divulge it's the ever so popular fried rice dish that's been a staple of the Chinese for thousands of years and known in the USA for decades. "Fly ly" is the way many of the world's largest ethnic group pronounce this dish.
What's so good about fly ly? Well you can eat it as a side dish or a main course. It's lunch or dinner and even a late night snack. It's easy to eat as long as you're not using chopsticks. You can have beef, pork, or shrimp added. Heck you can have all three if you want!
Add some soy sauce to it and maybe a dash of Spiracha hot sauce and OMG you're in heaven. Whichever heaven you believe in, it's all bliss when you're eating fly ly.
Whether you're poor or rich you can enjoy fly ly. You can cook it up yourself too with some basic ingredients. It's not as flashy as cooking on a wok but hey fly ly in any form is good.
I love fly ly!
No comments:
Post a Comment